Savoury Rye Snacks
Rye bread with a cheesy olive, mushroom and green onion topping baked until melted.
Servings: 24 toasts
- 1 cup sliced green onions about one bundle
- 1 cup mayonnaise not miracle whip
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can mushrooms
- ½ cup drained chopped ripe olives or kalamata
- ½ cup drained chopped green olives
- 1 pkg deli rye bread or 24 Melba toast rye crackers
Shred cheeses. Drain and chop olives and mushroooms. Slice green onions.
Combine with mayonnaise and mix well.
Arrange rye bread or crackers on a baking sheet. Top with mixture and spread to edges.
Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.